Jičín - a great cycling centre!
We will start with the official MTBO training camp:
On July 5-9, 2023, prestigious multi-day races will be held under the baton of the KOS Plzeň section - MTBO5days will be held this year near the road from Prague to Jičín, the venue of the championship. A great chance to find out how to read Czech mapmaker's work and what the local forests taste like.
On July 21 - 23, 2023, the MČR in the Olympic XC race takes place in Bedřichov; in the Expert category, anyone who feels up to it and without the need to obtain a license can start. Here are the propositions (sadly only in Czech) from last year to give you an idea.
On July 22, 2023, a cyclo marathon race will take place in Mimoň on a relatively fast and flat track. Proposition (in Czech) here.
On August 5, 2023, nearby Hradec Králové offers a unique "desert" race that will test driving technique. You can find more information (in Czech) here.
On September 16, 2023, the Nová Paka marathon will be held in Nová Paka, where the championship's relay race will take place. Technically difficult race through beautiful nature. Information (in Czech) here.
In addition to racing pace, technique can also be practiced in the surroundings of Jičín on official and unofficial trails. You can find them here:
- in the town of Železnice, not far from Jičín, there is a great pump track
- bike park with cable car and three difficulty levels in Tanvaldský Špičák
- Trutnov - that's the Krkonoše mountains, and you can ride here too - Trutnovtrails
- and while you're there, try the smaller Vlčka trails
- we already talked about them in one of our older articles - Koko trails!
- singletrails of European level and quality can be found in Nové Městě pod Smrkem
- Or take a look at the segments around Jičín on www.strava.com. They are fun around Kumburek, Tábor, but also at Brada.
So mainly be careful and don't forget that your gaze must always be directed towards where you want to go ;).